2020 International Conference of Association for China Economic Studies (ACES)
Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
August 25-28, 2020
Call for Abstracts / Full Papers/ Panel Proposals
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020
Date: August 25~28, 2020
Conference Venue: Asian Growth Research Institute (AGI), Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Organizer: Asian Growth Research Institute, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Co-organizers: Association for China Economic Studies (ACES)
Alvin International Education Co. Ltd.
THE SCOPE OF THIS CONFERENCE
China Economics has become a major field of Economics since the open policy implemented by China in 1978. More and more economists pay more attention to any economic issues regarding China and thus more and more papers discussing economic issues regarding China are published in many distinguished journals. Association for China Economic Studies (ACES) has established by a group of scholars concerning China’s economic issues and contributed to economic research related to China since 2012. The goal of ACES is to provide a platform for scholars to exchange their views in issues regarding China’s economy. The 2019 International Conference of ACES was hosted by Chung Yuan Christian University on July 11-15, 2019. There were more than one hundred scholars from USA, China, UK, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Canada, Korea, Taiwan, …etc. attending the conference.
In 2020, the ACES scales up this conference from domestic to international one and would like to invite more scholars from all over the world to share ideas and opinions with regard to any economic issues related (but not limited) to China. At the Conference, active and lively discussions are expected among paper presenters and other participants. There will also be intriguing keynote speeches by renowned scholars.
All articles related to any fields of Economics are welcome as long as China is included in the discussion of the article. We accept papers and presentations in Chinese for encouraging more Chinese scholars who are more comfortable in speaking Chinese to attend this conference, although English is the language for your submissions presentations at this conference. We also welcome you to organize a panel of 4 papers for this conference.
The ACES thanks Asian Growth Research Institute for hosting 2020 conference and three excellent journals indexed in SSCI, Singapore Economic Review (SER), The International Review of Economics & Finance (IREF), and Journal of Family and Economic Issues (JFEI) for collecting papers from this conference in their special issues/section. We look forward to your participation in this conference.
|October 15, 2019||Starting Call-for-Paper|
|April 15, 2020||Submission deadline. Submission could be full paper, extended abstract (at least 500 words), poster, or panel proposal. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or online submission (https://forms.gle/fpGrXxQFD5xft6vw6).|
|April 15~30, 2020||l Review and selection process and Sending out letter of acceptance and registration form.
l Starting late submission.
|May 1~May 31, 2020||Early registration.|
|June 1~June 30, 2020||Regular registration.|
|July 1~Aug. 25, 2020||Late registration.|
|July 31, 2020||Final version deadline (send full papers, PPTs, or extended abstracts to be included in the electronic conference proceedings).|
|August 25, 2020||l Conference check-in, workshop & reception.
l End of late submission and late registration.
|August 26~27, 2020||Conference|
|August 28, 2020||Local visit or departure|
Asian Growth Research Institute (AGI), formerly named International Center for the Study of East Asian Development (ICSEAD), was established as a cooperative research facility with the University of Pennsylvania on September 1, 1989 as a foundation under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (formerly the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture). The institute’s name was changed to the Asian Growth Research Institute (AGI) on October 1, 2014. AGI aims to contribute to knowledge and understanding of development issues in Asia and it also seeks to encourage international cooperation. To attain these goals, it conducts research on economic and social issues in Asia and promotes international academic exchanges.
All papers presented in the conference will be published in the electronic proceedings. We are inviting at least three special issues to select articles from this conference. Currently, two special issues are confirmed and listed as follows. One or more special issues will be announced later. Authors of papers that are written in English and outstanding in quality and content will be very welcome to submit their works to these special issues of the following excellent journals.
Note: Articles presented in this conference will be favorable for above special issues.
- For local scholars (affiliated with any academic institutes in Japan), a favorable (discounted) registration fee of US$ 150 is applied if and only if they complete registration by May 31, 2020 and no other discount applied. Regular and late registration fees without any discount will be applied after May 31, 2020.
- Members of Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies, The Chinese Economic Association (UK/Europe), The Chinese Economist Society (USA), Chinese Economics Society Australia (CESA), and Association for China Economic Studies (ACES) can enjoy a 20% off discount of registration fee (US$300×0.8=US$240) if and only if they complete registration by May 31, 2020 and provide membership certificate, no other discount applied. There is no any discount for registration fee after May 31, 2020.
Early Rate (May 1~May 31, 2020)：US$ 300
This registration fee is only for one presentation. For participants with more than one presentation, they have to pay US$ 150 for each additional presentation. For example, participant with two presentations has to pay registration fee of US$ 450, with three presentations has to pay US$ 600 before May 31, 2020.
Regular Rate (June 1~June 30, 2020): US$ 325
For participants with more than one presentation, they have to pay US$ 150 for each additional presentation.
Late Rate (from July 1, 2020): US$ 350
For participants with more than one presentation, they have to pay US$ 150 for each additional presentation.
Note that: 1. The conference will provide lunches during August 26-27.
- 2. A registration form will be sent to conference participants later on.
There are two ways for you to submit your submissions. Please use one of the following two ways.
- On-Line Submission: https://forms.gle/fpGrXxQFD5xft6vw6 (need to register a google account first)
- Email Submission: Ms. Patty Miao at email@example.com.
All papers are supposed to be written in the English language, however, written in Chinese is also acceptable. Completed papers or extended abstracts (at least 500 words) are acceptable for review.
Authors of accepted abstracts or papers will be provided with detailed guidelines to prepare papers for including publication in the electronic conference proceedings, which will be available ONLY on-line (http://www.asiancfea.org) at the conference. Authors can provide a ppt instead of a full paper included in the proceedings. If an abstract or a paper is accepted, at least one author must pay conference registration fees no later than June 30, 2020, and the author(s) is (are) responsible for presenting the paper at the conference and/or finding an alternate presenter.
- Format for Abstract and Full Paper (or Extended Abstract):
- In your email indicate article title, author(s) affiliation(s), mailing address(es), phone number(s), and email address(es). Please provide above personal information for all authors.
- Submissions should follow APA Guidelines, 5th edition format with special attention to headings and references. DO NOT include author names in the file submitted. The maximum length is 20 double-spaced pages, including tables, charts, and references integrated into the paper. Running headers should not be used.
- Maintain 1-inch top, bottom, and side margins.
- Manuscripts should begin with an abstract of no more than 100 words, and should NOT include the author(s) name.
- Create a file readable in the U.S. version of Microsoft Word. All graphics and tables should be included in the file. Before you save the file, click on File, Properties, and names or other information that might identify the authors.
- Criteria for Evaluation:
Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of importance/relevance of the subject matter and the contribution to the knowledge base, appropriateness of the method, timeliness and usefulness of the (expected) findings, (expected) conclusions, and/or position, and adequacy of interpretation and implications.
The suggested accommodation will be Hotel Harmonie Cinq Kitakyushu.
Add. 12-3 Otemachi, Kokurakita Ward, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 803-0814
TEL: 093 (592) 5401 / FAX: 093 (592) 5419.
This hotel is across from the venue of the conference.
There are also many hotels near the venue of the conference.
For more detail information regarding call for papers, posters, panels, submission, registration, accommodation, invoice of payment, members of organizing committee, etc., please visit the official website of ACES: http://www.aces.org.tw, or email to the ACES secretary, Ms. Patty Miao, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation in this conference.
Dr. Er-Biao Dai
Conference Chair of 2020 International Conference of ACES
Vice President, Research Director, Research Professor of AGI
Vice President of Japanese Association for Chinese Economy and Management Studies.
The address of AGI is 11-4 Otemachi, Kokura-kita, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Tel: 093-583-6202, Fax:093-583-6576
- If you visit Japan or Kitakyushu first time, please choose this way from Fukuoka Airport to AGI.
From Fukuoka Airport Terminal 1 (International Terminal) or 2 (Domestic Terminal) to take the Nishitetsu Highway Bus (heading to Kokura Station) to Kokura-ekimae (taking about 105 minutes), then taking a taxi or walking 25 minutes to AGI.
- If you are very familiar with Japan, you can refer the following information.
From Fukuoka Airport to Kokura Station
- Subway and JR Shinkansen: from “Fukuoka kuko (Airport)” to “Hakata Station” to “Kokura Station”
- Subway and JR rapid: from “Fukuoka kuko (Airport)” to “Hakata Station” to “Nishi-Kokura Station”
- Subway and Highway Bus: from “Fukuoka kuko (Airport)” to “Tenjin” to “Nishitetsu Tenjin Highway Bus Terminal” to “Kokura-ekimae”
From Hakata to Kokura Station or Nishi-Kokura Station
- JR Shinkansen: “Hakata Station”-> “Kokura Station”
- JR Rapid: “Hakata Station”-> “Nishi-Kokura Station”
From Tenjin to AGI or Kokura Station
- Nishitetsu Highway Bus (Itozu): from “Nishitetsu Tenjin Highway Bus Terminal” to “Soleil Hall & Move-mae”
- Nishitetsu Highway Bus (Nakatani or Hikino): from “Nishitetsu Tenjin Highway Bus Terminal” to “Kokura-ekimae”
From Kokura Station to AGI
- By Taxi: About 10 minutes
By Bus: About 15 minutes from “Kokura-ekiBus Center” to “Soleil Hall & Move-mae”
From Nishi-Kokura Station to AGI
- By Taxi: About 5 minutes
By Bus: About 8 minutes from “Nishi Kokura-eki” to “Soleil Hall & Move-mae”
From Kitakyushu Airport to AGI
- By Taxi: about 30 minutes
By Bus: about 37 minutes: from “Kitakyushu Airport (Kokura)” to “Kokura-eki Bus Center” to “Soleil Hall & Move-mae”
Map: From Kokura Ekimae to AGI